Saturday 28 August 2010

Great British Seaside

Many years ago Mr T & I chose to live in a seaside town.We actually live very close to the beach with it really only being about a 150m away.Often those naughty seagulls wake us up early in the morning & we have had a pair of them nesting on our chimney pots this summer.
My friend Christine got a beach hut this year & we have spent more time on the beach at the beach hut.
There really is nothing like the great British seaside .Wind in your hair ,a warm woolly on & tucking into fish & chips wrapped in paper with lashings of salt & vinegar......heaven.



I have found me a little knitted beach hut door stop which I am going to make(eventually).Its by talented designer Suzie Johnson .Suzie is the talented lady who showed TV's ,Kirstie Allsop on Kirstie's Homemade Home ,how to knit & then made a door draught excluder for her children's nursery.
I cant wait to make this door stop.It just epitomises all things British to me.I love it.Here is the link on Ravelry where you can find the pattern.Membership to Ravelry is free if you are not already a member.

No comments: