Monday 16 August 2010

Puddings & rings

Mr T & I had been invited down to our friends beach hut to see the Birdman of Worthing event.It was a most welcome break from the monotony of being stuck at home .I decided to make our Weight Watcher leaders recipe for Beetroot & Orange jelly to take with us.!!Uggg I hear you say.....well it did get mixed reactions,but those who tried it , actually liked it. It surprised me too ,but I don't think I will make it again in a hurry.If you would like to try it then get some plain cooked beetroots ,skin them ,& finely slice into a made up sugar free orange jelly.Do this in layers & pop it in the freezer compartment to set quickly then add another layer.When set ,serve & wait for the reactions!!!Its quite funny.Now I know how Heston sometimes must feel.

I also made a bracelet.I wanted to do this for a while .I purchased some plastic macrame rings from a local shop who do beads for jewellery.I also bought some crochet cotton which is variegated & has a lovely pearl sheen to it.A simple single crochet stitch was done all the way round & then they were joined together using a double crochet stitch.


Viola!!!

The dogs have been my constant companions during the last 3 weeks.Maisie likes being on lookout duty ,whilst Grouse gets as close to me on the sofa as possible.They are so funny.I love the to bits & these weeks would have been pretty lonely without them.Even little Peggy, who stays mostly in her bed ,is such company.Life without our dogs?No way!!!


1 comment:

Tusa said...

Will have to try that jelly. Love the bracelet. And thank you for visiting Knitplosion too.

We went to see Birdman too but we left it too late in the day to see anything. In the end my older daughter parked herself in front of Nemo for a while...