Saturday 11 September 2010

The Big Knit 2010!


Its that time of year when Innocent fruit drinks ask for donations of knitted hats to top their bottles.Each bottle sold a percentage will be donated to Age UK.

They desperately need you to help.All you need to do is knit some little hats & send them in to a collection point at Fruit Towers ,Innocent offices.Isn't that a great address!

This year they are hoping to smash the million pound mark.

All donated money will help the more mature generation in our country.It may help someone you know.Age Uk run many different services.I myself know of one in my local community which is a Handyvan service for the elderly not able to do things like fit a door chain or put up a curtain track .
I shall be making a few tonight.I will be using all the little oddments I have that I cannot use for things like the prem hats.I can also put my pom pom maker to good use as well.
If you would like to get involved as well just click on the link here .There are instructions on how to make them & free down loadable templates to help you host an event.
We have until the 20th October .
My needles are gonna be hot!!
On another note I started making a Debbie Bliss bag last night.Its lovely & is knitted in moss stitch with a big chunky cable running through the middle.The pattern is from the book Home.I have yet to knit the handles & sew it up & line it.Its a bit of a last minute knit as Debbie Bliss is visiting Sunny Worthing on Wednesday & going to The Wool Bar.She will be at the shop in the afternoon .I plan to ask her to sign the lining of my bag.Hopefully on wednesday there will be some pictures to show you all.

No comments: